Urs Krebs – The Roundshot adventure
The Palmela 2011 Organization is pleased to announce Urs Krebs as conference speaker:
Master of Economics, HEC Université de Lausanne, 1996 MBA (Master of Business Administration) INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France, 1999
Currently resides in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Urs ventured into panoramic photography in the year 2002 when he created and published “real sydney”, a book containing 360° images portraying the lifestyle of Sydney/Australia.
- On his return to Europe he joined Seitz in Switzerland in 2003, responsible for marketing & business development.
- His work is very diverse and includes a fair amount of travel.
- Recent assignments include group photography in China, spherical VR photography of the Nagaur Palace in Rajastan/India and capturing Time Square in New York City at night with the Roundshot D3.
- Livecam projects in Sydney/Australia and a 32-bit HDR workshop on top of a Swiss mountain pass at -17°C in a snowstorm.
Urs Krebs talk will take you behind the scenes of the Seitz lab and explain the time-line of camera development from the 1950s until 2011.
It will showcase some of the latest Seitz projects and future technologies, in particular the new VR Drive 2 which is particularly relevant for VR photography.
Seitz and Roundshot has been a pioneer in the design and manufacturing of fast panoramic equipment for over 50 years.