Marco Trezzini – Aroundertouch The World at your Fingertips
The Palmela 2011 Organization is pleased to announce Marco Trezzini as conference speaker:
Currently resides in Lugano, Switzerland.
- After some Law and Psychology studies in Lausanne and Zürich, he moved to Frankfurt entering the advertising Agency Abels & Partner. He started as assistant to the Creative director and owner, and soon after was in charge of running the creative team, special projects, customer relations and recipe conception.
- Back to Lugano, working as free-lance Corporate Identity and Communication consultant he realized that the web needed urgently the application of the CI principles to web sites, and that finally the time had come to commercially exploit QTVR, (a moment he was waiting for since 1992 when he saw the “Star Trek interactive Technical Manual”, the debut product for Apple’s Quicktime VR technology.
- After a specialization course in multimedia where he met his future partner Marco Luethi, in 1998 he founded Webidentity. It’s team created the VRWay vision which was embraced by a private investor and led in 2000 to the founding of VRWay. The Company’s headquarters are in Switzerland. Since 2009 the Company is listed in the AIM Market (Milan Stock Exchange).
- For many years editor in chief and Publisher of VRMag, the Virtual reality Magazine. 2003 saw the birth of Arounder.com. A travel site which enables an immersive journey which is the virtual prelude to real life experiences. At the end of 2009, following a development led by Johnny Vaccaro, VRWay launched Aroundertouch Iphone app, one year later the iPad version and in april 2011 Aroundertouch hit the Android Market. Other known VRWay publications are Panogames and Panodigg.
- He calls family his beautiful wife Barbara, his son Alessandro, and Idefix, a west highland white terrier. His creativity expresses mainly through concepts and fine cuisine.
Marco Trezzini will talk briefly about VRWay, present the Arounder team, the project and Aroundertouch, the VR Panorama travel app which has been downloaded 750’000 times. Selected by Apple to be installed, for the iPad2 launch, on the iPhones and iPad2 of all worldwide Apple Retail Stores. Uncover future developments of the app currently in the making, and share some thoughts about the VR photography business.